In the South 24 Parganas district, there were at least ten electrocuted hostel residents. Five people were sent to the Kakdwip Super Specialty Hospital right away after the event.
Reports state that a broken power wire caused students to electrocute themselves.
West Bengal | Ten students of a hostel in South 24 Parganas were electrocuted, out of which 5 were admitted to Kakdwip Super Specialty Hospital. Students were electrocuted due to a broken power cable. Further details awaited. pic.twitter.com/vaYHB00pgS
— ANI (@ANI) November 26, 2022
In Tamil Nadu, a man was electrocuted along with his five dogs.
A 35-year-old hunter and his five dogs were electrocuted on November 13 in a similar event reported from Tamil Nadu when they got in contact with a live electric fence installed around a farm in Aranganallur in the Madurai district.
The incident occurred while R. Manoj, 27, L. Karuppusamy, 29, and the deceased Manickam, 35, were out hunting hares at night.
Manickam and his five dogs reportedly touched the live electric fence and quickly died from the shock. His friends were able to get away.
The post West Bengal: 10 students electrocuted in South 24 Parganas, 5 hospitalized appeared first on OUR INDIA.